The Larry Joe Harless Community Center this week announced its sponsorship of the federally funded Summer Food Service Program. Lunch or supper is open to all children, ages 18 years and under, who are interested in particpating. Meals will be served at the following sites:
• Wharncliffe Fire Department, 10 Fire Department Drive, Wharncliffe, WV; serving lunch Monday – Friday, June 17-July-31 (excluding July1-5), from noon to 1 p.m.
• Isaban Baptist Church, 3166 Fourpole Creek Road, Isaban, WV; serving lunch Monday – Friday, June 17-July 31 (excluding July 1-5), from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• War Eagle Church of God, 34999 War Eagle Hollow Road, Panther, WV; serving lunch Monday-Friday, June 17-July 31 (excluding July 1-5), from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
• Larry Joe Harless Community Center, 202 Larry Joe Harless Community Center, Gilbert, WV serving lunch Monday-Friday, June 17-July 31 (excluding July 1-5), from noon-1:30 p.m.
• Little Sparrow Ministry, 218 West Virginia Avenue, Iaeger, WV serving supper each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, June 19-July 31 (excluding July 1-5), from 5 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
“A nutritious meal is important for children to learn, play and remain active during the summer months,” said LJHCC Executive Director Cheryl Mitchem. “Remember, hunger doesn’t take a summer vacation.
For more information about the Summer Food Service Program, call Mitchem at, (304) 664-2500.