Although COVID-19 managed to cancel or seriously limit most door-to-door Trick-or-Treat activities throughout Mingo County this year, it didn’t manage to eliminate the excitement and fun of Halloween altogether. One area of the county that experienced a great deal of excitement and fun on Halloween night, Saturday, Oct. 31, was in Taylorville, where the Delbarton CVB held its initial Trunk-or-Treat event for area kids. CVB Director Matt Harris said 300 treat bags were initially prepared, however, because so many area kids participated, he said treats for an additional 200 ghosts and goblins had to be made up and handed out by the time the two-hour event ended at 7 p.m.
- Notes, quotes and stats from the Arizona Wildcats’ 27-10 loss to UCLA
- Arizona Wildcats CB Bobby Wolfe opts out of season following loss to UCLA
- With QB Grant Gunnell sidelined, Arizona Wildcats suffer 10th consecutive defeat
- Nebraska set for early kickoff at Purdue
- Steven M. Sipple: Confused by NU's snap issue, Raiola didn't know how to throw a bad one
- Report card: Grading Auburn's offense, defense, coaching in Iron Bowl loss to Alabama
- Doug Segrest: Auburn’s no match for Alabama in this Iron Bowl, but building to something special in '21
- Alabama 42, Auburn 13: Three things we learned from the Tigers' lopsided Iron Bowl loss
- Police: Aflex, Kentucky man charged in 2018 collision involving multiple vehicles, causing injuries
- Power issues may delay food bank relocation to Delbarton
- Local communities begin Christmas celebrations
- Decrease in testing during Thanksgiving holiday likely to again increase Mingo’s positivity rate
- Commission donates trailer to KVFD
- Former chamber director, retired educator dies at 83
- Mingo County moves into gold metric, but fall sports season is over
- Mingo BOE approves press box project at TVHS
- Jewell retains post following two-day election canvass
- Panthers forced to forfeit playoff game
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!