U.S. Congresswoman Carol Miller, 20th District Del. Nathan Brown, Mingo County Magistrate Donald Sansom, and Mingo County Clerk Yogi Croaff joined Mayor Charles Sparks and a large crowd of community members in helping the Kermit Volunteer Fire Department celebrate its 7th Annual Wilburn “Whig” Preece Pig Roast, which was held Sunday, May 16, at the fire department. The yearly event began in 2015, the year following Preece’s death. Preece, who succeeded his father Tom and was succeeded by his son Wilburn “Tomahawk” Preece, to date remains the department’s longest-serving fire chief.
- Tips & tricks for the new Unemployment Compensation System
- Duchess of Sussex reveals Archie loves The Bench
- Henry Golding: Becoming a dad puts everything in perspective
- Geena Davis is 'still waiting' for change in the movie industry
- Kylie Jenner calls Travis Scott a 'blessing' in her life
- Need a Laugh? Want to Be Scared? Check Out These New Movies on Netflix
- Kristin Cavallari pays Father's Day tribute to Jay Cutler
- Iggy Azalea buys her son a mini Range Rover
- Area first responders battling PTSD now have a ‘family’ they can go to for help and support
- MCSD: Delbarton woman used duct tape to restrain child
- Sammons resigns at Mingo Central
- Commissioner Gavin Smith dies
- Mingo included in WV DOT’s secondary road repair work
- After a year’s delay, WV Mine Wars Museum building finally dedicated to UMWA president
- Babe Ruth league action rolls on in Williamson
- Both excitement and normality return with the 22nd running of the Hatfield McCoy Marathon
- Municipal elections return incumbent mayors to office
- Obituaries 6-11-21
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!