Despite being disappointed by its cancellation in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, about 85 undaunted runners and walkers returned to West Williamson Saturday, Oct. 2, both to compete in and once again support the second H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Evolve) 5K Run/Walk and 1-Mile Walk. Race Director Jessie Spaulding said the race is completely supported through donations and sponsors, and that all proceeds go to the Crossroads Recovery Home in Gilbert, Anchor Point Men’s and Women’s Residential Treatment Facilities in Delbarton, and the Tug Valley Recovery Shelter in Williamson. Spaulding said the race was formed in conjunction with the Tug Valley Road Runners Club in 2019 to bring about more awareness for addiction, reduce the stigma associated with addiction, and to send the message that recovery is possible. “I want to give hope to the hopeless and be a voice for the voiceless,” Spaulding said. Tyelin May was the overall winner with a time of 18:58:4.
- Jamie Lee Curtis hated her name as a child
- Selena Gomez felt under 'immense pressure' as a child
- Cardi B blames US school system for 'cultural ignorance'
- Angelina Jolie: I'm inspired by young people fighting for their rights
- 4 observations after rewatching the Badgers' win against Army
- Packers live: Catch all the action as Green Bay visits Chicago Bears
- Centre College Inaugurates Milton C. Moreland as 21st President
- Analysis: The Badgers found an identity on offense. It's just ugly and not what many were hoping
- Williamson CVB director resigns
- Road rage incident in Williamson, WV turns deadly
- Man charged with first-degree murder following beating death of neighbor
- Motorist dead following shooting incident
- WHA purchases new trucks for maintenance department
- Obituaries 10-8-21
- Obituaries 10-15-21
- Kermit first to adopt health department’s Harm Reduction resolution
- Commission sets trick-or-treat date
- Facing Hunger Food Bank announces new initiatives for Mingo County residents
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!