The Chattaroy community celebrated the recent birthday of 99-year-old resident Thomas Allen, with a drive-by birthday parade. Thomas is a United States veteran having served four years during World War II, former athlete in the Coal Mine Baseball League, Mr. King Coal 2013, and local athletic supporter. He has four living children: Alvena Allen Elliott, Col.l Thomas (Tony) Allen, Jr., Deborah Allen Ward and Beverly (Bee) Allen Houston. His wife Audry and two children, Felicia Allen and Erin (Erkie) Allen, are deceased. The parade was led by the Mingo County Sheriff"s Department. The Chattaroy and Lenore volunteer fire departments along with several cars, trucks, ATV and even a stretch limousine took part in the parade. The Williamson Boy Scout troop led by Scout Master Matt Gilliam saluted Thomas and recited the Pledge of Allegiance in front of his house.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, leader for gender quality, dies at 87
- Sweet spot for Pac-12 football season to kick off could be first Saturday in November
- Ashley Tisdale slams 'invasive' questions
- Hilaria Baldwin 'so grateful' for newborn son
- Millie Bobby Brown's home comforts
- Dwayne Johnson 'rips' electric gate off wall
- Even as other backs get paid, Aaron Jones focuses on helping Packers ‘bring in the wins’
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg dies
- New dermatology surgery center opens in Williamson
- Mingo health officials report 40 new COVID-19 cases this week
- Mingo County feeling the ‘orange’ blues
- Ninth COVID-19 related death reported by Mingo health officials
- Mingo reports eighth COVID-19 related death
- Private development of ATV resort planned for former MCRA housing site
- Mingo County goes red; numbers worsen across state
- Start of new school year anything but normal, or ideal, especially for some in Mingo's class of 2021
- Mingo health officials issue public health announcement regarding possible COVID-19 exposure
- Mingo schools opening to in-person learning Thursday
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!