A winter storm event has impacted Mingo County and West Virginia in general for more than a week. The storms have cause power outages and road blockages. Because of the severity of the storm, Gov. Jim Justice ordered a state of emergency on Tuesday, Feb. 16, for four counties and a state of preparedness for the remainder of the state. During the storm Mingo County residents captured scenes around Mingo County. Kyle Adkins of Delbarton plays in the snow (by Jennifer Browning); cows plod along through the snow and ice that covers trees and underbrush of Marrowbone Creek (by April White); the Dingess Tunnel becomes a winter scenic vista (by Loretta Kirk Browning); and a rustic setting and lots of snow turn the Sturgill Mountain Homestead in a winter wonderland (by Pauline Sturgill).
- Cruz: Democratic relief bill includes $1,400 checks to non-citizens, incarcerated felons
- Revecore is Eight-Time Winner of Best Places to Work Award
- Doubling up on masks doubles down on protection, WVU experiment confirms
- Jane Fonda: My life had no meaning before activism
- Duchess Meghan has no relationship with half-sister Samantha Markle
- Celebrating The Sopranos is now streaming
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Vehicle Safety System to Protect Children (CCT-4502)
- Abbott launches Operation Lone Star after Biden policies lead to surge at southern border
- Retired Mingo educator and Williamson resident has sheltered in place since the beginning of the pandemic
- County to hire litter control officers
- WPD: Eight arrested in drug bust
- Capacity increased for Kentucky restaurants, bars, other businesses
- Mingo experiences widespread flooding and various degrees of damage during latest weather event
- Spence stepping down as superintendent of Mingo County Schools
- Mining for gold
- Latest COVID-19 report to Mingo County Board of Health encouraging
- Obituaries 2-26-21
- Tug Valley looking to get back to state
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!